Join our team
Agenda Screening ServicesTM is a well-established, family run company that believes in personal development. As Investors in People Agenda provides excellent working conditions and a number of benefits for each of its employees including your birthday day off and an annual training bank account. Find out more about our Great Place to Work programme.
We have the following roles at our Head Office in East Yorkshire:
Head of Operations & Business Development (Pre-Employment Screening Division)
Salary: £60,000-70,000 Location: Head Office, East Yorkshire REF: ARM 1959
Due to continued growth over 20 years and a recent strategic review, an excellent new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Screening Operations and Business Development to join our management team to provide high level operational and business development direction. The ideal candidate will be a key decision maker and somebody who has the operational drive and sales management capabilities to help us to achieve exciting growth plans. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an extensive benefits package which includes a company car and opportunities to develop further within Agenda’s growing business. A relocation package may be provided to attract the
very best candidates.
- Efficiently manage the screening department staff, sales team, budgets, workflow and resources.
- Prepare annual operational and sales budgets and proactively review each month taking proactive action to ensure that key financial targets and ratios are met.
- Provide high level presentations, represent Agenda at meetings and conferences (man the stand), visit clients and host their visits to Agenda, proactively call clients and liaise with sales staff to support them.
- Define Key Performance Indicators for the screening team,monitor and report performance.
- Proactively contribute to and support Great Place to Work, Agenda Values (Respect, Reputation and Responsibility), social and Agenda charity events and initiatives.
- Actively contribute to management and team meetings ensuring effective communication.
- Conduct appraisals and monthly one-to-one reviews ensuring that sales staff, team leaders and their reportees meet strategic objectives.
- Continually review the screening market place and client screening requirements to ensure updates are identified and applied.
- Review screening competitors to ensure competitive pricing and profitability.
- Proactively contribute to the preparation of Tenders and Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure compliance with quality and information security requirements, including ISO 27001, ISO 9001, Cyber Essentials, business continuity processes and the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements, including updates to policies, HR and DPA changes.
- Liaise and proactively network with businesses, forums, membership groups, the police and other organisations.
Whilst full training in Agenda’s systems and processes will be provided, the successful candidate will have a relevant Degree level qualification and at least 5 years of management level experience in the pre-employment screening provider sector would be preferred. The person will be a hardworking, proactive can-do individual with excellent problem solving and decision making skills and with personal integrity and values that fit Agenda’s culture. The successful candidate will also be action orientated with a great track record in developing operational competencies and business development growth. Competent using Microsoft Office, the individual will be a confident networker, people focused and will be an excellent communicator and presenter.
As you would expect from a pre-employment screening company, Agenda takes the security of the personal information that it holds and processes very seriously and to enable it to hire the very best people it will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
Business Development Executive
Salary: £40,00-£45,00 Location: London REF: ARM 1969
We are seeking to recruit a Business Development Executive who will be responsible for achieving sales targets for an assigned region for Agenda Screening Services (pre-employment vetting).
*UK driving licence is essential*
- 5-10 years’ experience in a sales environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to understand and live the Company Values of Respect, Reputation and Responsibility in the delivery of high quality customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate sales for agreed accounts in order to meet the agreed target requirements in any 12-month period for the screening services department.
- Manage the quotation and written tenders process and actively pursue these to the point of order delivery, to assist in resolving problems and to build a strong customer service ethos with the clients.
- Update the Customer Relations Management system to maintain and develop client records according to the agreed standards to assist in the development of sales.
- Plan, carry out and support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Integrate sales efforts with other organised marketing activities, i.e. new service launches, mail-shots, symposia and exhibitions, in order to assist in developing sales.
- Liaise with clients and the screening team at all stages in the sales process to seamlessly manage the service delivery.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities in the agreed format and frequency to assist Agenda with strategies.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Agenda screening range to be able to provide prompt and accurate up to date information to clients.
- Track order processing, in liaison with the screening team, in order to ensure customer requirements are met.
- To search for new clients, visit potential clients and maintain existing relationships with key clients via regular contact and liaison with Head Office personnel.
Salary: £14,729 Location: Head Office, East Yorkshire REF: ALS1705
Applications are being considered for a Background Screening Administrator to assist in the processing of background checks of prospective employees for a variety of clients throughout the UK.
Agenda is a well-established, family run company that believes in personal development. It provides excellent working conditions and a number of benefits for each of its employees including your birthday day off, free tea/coffee, free parking and an annual training bank account. For more information see our Great Place To Work brochure.
As we are located in a picturesque rural location, a driver’s license and own transport is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic individual, with an eye for detail and a flexible, helpful approach to join our dynamic and expanding company. Agenda is an investor in people and provides full training and support. Working as a Background Screening Administrator within the Screening Department, you will assist in the processing of background checks of prospective employees for a variety of clients.
Your main duties will include:
- Liaising with clients and candidates by both e-mail and telephone
- Researching, analysing and evaluating information
- Use of Microsoft Outlook and Internet search engines
The successful candidate will be able to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels, both verbally and in writing and will have excellent interpersonal skills. Additionally, you must have a positive and responsive attitude and be able to demonstrate an ability to prioritise and manage your workload within a busy working environment.
Essential skills and abilities required:
- Confident and pleasant telephone manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to concentrate and stay focused.
- Ability to learn quickly and to process information in a timely and accurate manner
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of social media sites, internet research and search engines desirable.
- A proven background in customer service (call-centre, or similar) would be an advantage.
- At least 5 GCSE’s at grades A-C (preferably including English and Maths)