A network of Registered Bodies is to come together to form a recognised group of criminal record check professionals. The group, called the Criminal Records Trade Body (CRTB) will form a committee within the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) Europe Chapter.
This group will provide an authoritative and independent voice, representing a wide range of sectors of sectors with the aim of:
- Supporting the UK’s safeguarding agenda
- Encouraging the adoption of enhanced identity verification processes
- Supporting candidates and users in understanding eligibility of checks
- Preventing employing screening scams
- Promoting best practice and awareness of criminal record checks
As members of the NAPBS Europe Chapter, Agenda Screening Services™ are proud to be associated with such an important step forward and the opportunity to work even closer with the DBS and Disclosure Scotland, providing a forum for members to raise issues directly and to influence future strategy. For more information see the official press release for more information.